This is a split coil version of an original P style pickup. It delivers all of the same great vintage tone, but allows for a quieter operation via its hum-canceling split coil. Just as is expressed in the tonal nature of its brother, the 51P4, you can expect this pickup to emit a revery of thump and slap delineated through the silent void of its effervescent humbuck. This split coil P provides an even further choice in original P-style customization, giving the player more options in carefully designating their bass with a tone that is precisely in line with their aesthetic.
- Original 4 string (split coil) P-style pickup.
- A choice of alnico III or V magnets.
- Alnico III: will provide a blanket of warmth for your pickup, giving it a slightly softer character.
- Alnico V: an all around interactive and striking sound.
- Raw pickup without cover.
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone
History: This pickup stems from the same birth place as the standard 51P4: a pickup possessed by a wild, anthropomorphized Thump. Just as Aladdin summons Genie to collect his wishes, we had to exorcise Thump from his resting place and ask if he could by any chance enact tonal mitosis, so that both coils could embody Thump. Once again, he concurred, and the result was the precisely calculated inter-dimensional counterpart of Thump: Vibe. Together, Thump and Vibe thwart hum, allowing the player to funkify the room and foreword the sonic natures of Thump and Vibe uninterrupted by excess noise.
*Not exactly what you are looking for? Email the shop directly or call the shop at: 909-790-2548 to find out about our many custom pickup options.