These pickups are hands down the tonal giants of our bass pickup arsenal. The player should expect to wrestle with the repercussions of this pickup's roaring aggression and bludgeoning bawl of extreme sonic salubrity. The Big Single is a single coil pickup packed into a soapbar cover that can hardly contain the force of their fuzz facilitating, flesh flogging flock of fibrillating inflection. These pickups use the same large magnet load as our hum-canceling Fat Stack; however, without the extra stacked coil found in the FS, the Big Single's wind is able to take up the entire space of its bobbin, resulting in a super packed coil that works as the distributor of the monster tone these pickups have come to be known for.
- Single coil 4 string soapbar bass pickups.
- Available as single neck or bridge pickup or as a set.
- Available in alnico III or V magnets:
- Alnico III: will provide a blanket of warmth for your pickup, giving it a slightly softer character
- Alnico V: an all around more pulverizing and striking sound.
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- Bartolini® BC (3.99″ x 1.27)
- EMG35® (1.51″ x 3.52″)
History: The Nordic craftsman that inhabit our shop discovered these pickups one day in the lab when they accidentally combined a threateningly large coil with Nordstrand's famous angled pole design. The result was nuclear: our shop still hasn't quite recovered from the vibrational fallout, but we can proudly say that as a result of this combination we have developed a product that contains radioactive vigor. Given these pickup's mammoth presence and tremendous ability to facilitate fuzz, they have become a Nordstrand shop favorite.
*Not exactly what you are looking for? Email the shop directly or call the shop at: 909-790-2548 to find out about our many custom pickup options.