This is a vintage correct version of our classic P4 design. With a lower magnet load for a softer, warmer, and smoother output, the player that commandeers these percussive portals to the past should expect a tone that is reminiscent of the 50s P vibe. Built with the player’s choice of either alnico III or V magnets, these pickups have the capacity for almost every spectrum of vintage P-style playing. Alnico III will get you as close to 50s vintage as possible, while the alnico V provides a slightly larger punch and pop integral for any player looking to project a more aggressive modern tone. In short, these pickups use vintage specs to acquire nostalgic old school tones.
- Hum-canceling split coil 4 string precision-type bass pickups.
- Smaller magnet load than our standard NP4 or NP4A.
- A choice of alnico III or V magnets.
- Available in black plastic covers.
- Drop-in replacement P-bass pickup.
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
History: This pickup was developed in order to provide players with a vintage-style P-bass tone. Between the standard P4 model and the angled pole model, the vintage P was fabricated with the best aspects of the latter two, all the while maintaining the remnants of an old-school sound that still echoes throughout time from the fingertips of past P-bass playing giants.
*Not exactly what you are looking for? Email the shop directly or call the shop at: 909-790-2548 to find out about our many custom pickup options.