This pickup's tone is extremely similar to that of our NP4. Without the angled poles found in the rest of our P5 family, the NP5F emits a warm, bright, and fat character. The only difference between this pickup and the NP4 is the string count (obviously) and Fender-correct string spacing. Besides these two differences, the player can expect a tone that mimics 60s-style resonance through its naturally occurring capacity to pierce the veil of solemnity in a groove-less crowd. The 5-string player will love how this P pickup enhances the unique permutations in their articulation, which can sometimes be variable and unestablished when expressed through pickups of lower quality and precision. Try this guy out today!
- Hum-canceling split coil 5 string precision-type bass pickup.
- Drop-in replacement P-bass pickup.
- Smaller magnet load for less output.
- Available in black plastic covers.
- Available in alnico III or V magnets.
- Laser cut, fiber bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
History: These pickups were created to supply players with a P pickup that caters to standard Fender string spacing. Due to the nature of the spacing specs, the NP5F utilizes linear poles. It is this sole detail that contributes to the NP5F's similarity to the NP4, facilitating a 60s-70s style tone that is sonically detailed and unrelenting.
*Not exactly what you are looking for? Email the shop directly or call the shop at: 909-790-2548 to find out about our many custom pickup options.