This pickup combination challenges the tenacity of precision with the classic growl of jazz. The single coil jazz pickup will announce its presence by creating noise when combined with the P pickup, which is actually essential to the creation of the classic P/J sound. The sum of this pickup combo's overall tone is pretty similar to our other P/J models; however, in the presence of the P pickup, the single coil J becomes rowdy, growly, and a tad bit rude — unforgiving in its output but apologetic in the delivery of its soulful high end. If you don't mind the noise that succeeds these two riled up playmates, then this P/J combo will without a doubt satisfy you with its tuneful expression and classic style.
- NP4V pickup and an NJ4 bridge position as a set.
- Smaller magnet load in the NP4V.
- Alnico III: will provide a blanket of warmth for your pickup, giving it a slightly softer character.
- Alnico V: an all around interactive and striking tone.
- Drop-in P/J combo replacement pickups.
- Available in black plastic covers.
- Laser cut, fiber bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
History: This P/J design stems from the arrival of our NP4V a few years back, when we decided to check out the tone we could create by pairing these new lower output P pickups with our standard J. The result is a tone that is extremely similar to the NPJ4, only the decreased magnet load in the P pickup provides a smoother neck tone that aggravates the growl of the J pickup.
*Not exactly what you are looking for? Email the shop directly or call the shop at: 909-790-2548 to find out about our many custom pickup options.